By Edmund P. Cueva,Shannon N. Byrne
This spouse addresses a subject of continuous modern relevance, either cultural and literary.
- Offers either a wide-ranging exploration of the classical novel of antiquity and a wealth of shut literary analysis
- Brings jointly the main up to date overseas scholarship at the old novel, together with clean new educational voices
- Includes centred chapters on person classical authors, corresponding to Petronius, Xenophon and Apuleius, in addition to a wide-ranging thematic analysis
- Addresses difficult questions referring to authorial expression and readership of the traditional novel form
- Provides an entire creation to a style with a emerging profile
Read or Download A Companion to the Ancient Novel (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
This variation of Thierry Groensteen's The procedure of Comics makes to be had in English a groundbreaking paintings on comics through one of many medium's most well known students. during this booklet, initially released in France in 1999, Groensteen explains sincerely the sophisticated, complicated workings of the medium and its targeted approach of mixing visible, verbal, spatial, and chronological expressions.
Whereas the male-dominated Francophone African migrant literary culture contains ladies writers, there is not any research that attends to this subgroup of writers. The Pull of Postcolonial Nationhood: Gender and Migration in Francophone African Literatures pioneers the learn of those writers as a class via an exam of 3 significant girls who exemplify the Francophone African woman migrant literary culture: Ken Bugul, Calixthe Beyala, and Fatou Diome.
Literature overview from the 12 months 2007 within the topic English - Literature, Works, grade: 1, college of Innsbruck, language: English, summary: during this paper i'm going to examine the movie Twelve indignant males (1957) by means of Sidney Lumet. in brief the movie is set a felony case in the US during which a tender Hispanic boy is accused of killing his father and the twelve individuals of the jury need to decide upon his verdict.
Readers who're intrigued, notwithstanding frequently mystified, by means of the highbrow fantasies of Jorge Luis Borges will locate this publication a revelation, a skeleton key to at least one of the main basic and baffling facets of Borges’s fictions: the development of symbolism with an internal which means. Carter Wheelock’s research reduces a couple of literary and highbrow abstractions to concrete phrases, permitting the reader to appreciate Borges’s fantasies in ways in which express them to be now not so wonderful in the end.
- The Influence of the European Culture on Hemingway’s Fiction
- African Literatures in English: East and West (Longman Literature In English Series)
- The Classic of Changes in Cultural Context: A Textual Archaeology of the Yi jing
- Conrad's Narratives of Difference: Not Exactly Tales for Boys (Studies in Major Literary Authors)
- Creative Awakening: The Jewish Presence in Twentieth-Century American Literature, 1900-1940s: Jewish Presence in Twentieth-century American Literature, ... (Bibliographies and Indexes in Gerontology)
Extra resources for A Companion to the Ancient Novel (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to the Ancient Novel (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Edmund P. Cueva,Shannon N. Byrne